About Grow Your Business Online
Today, consumer-facing businesses must embrace e-commerce to better serve their existing customers and remain competitive in the digital marketplace.
The Grow Your Business Online grant will help up to 90,000 Canadian small businesses adopt digital technologies, with each eligible business receiving a microgrant of up to $2,400. Grant providers will also connect eligible businesses with e-commerce advisors to help them adopt and develop their e-commerce capabilities.
Components of the Grow Your Business Online Grant
With a Grow Your Business Online microgrant, you can implement or improve your small business’ e-commerce plan, use funds to improve search engine optimization, install new e-commerce software and hardware, develop or upgrade your existing e-commerce website, and much more. For more details on eligible and ineligible microgrant spending, click below.
When you receive a Grow Your Business Online microgrant, your regional or provincial provider will connect you with an e-commerce advisor free of charge. E-commerce advisors can help you understand how to use the grant, assess your business’ digital needs, help develop your e-commerce strategy and cybersecurity, and support your business in the deployment of new technologies.
To apply for Grow Your Business Online, applicants must be:
- A for-profit small business
- Consumer-facing, either in person or online
- Employing at least one employee other than the owner, OR had at least $30,000 in annual revenue in the most recent tax year
- Be a registered or incorporated business
Who is not eligible to apply:
- Corporate chains, franchises, and registered charities
- Real estate brokerages and sales agents
- Representatives of multi-level marketing companies
- Businesses who do not sell directly to consumers
- Insurance brokers and agencies
- Mortgage brokers and agencies
- Not for profit organizations
For full details on eligibility, click here.